Why we came home early

So some will know that we intended to be away until next week. If we are heading down to the South Island we like to make it worth the trip. 8+ hours in the car and 3 1/2 on the boat really is a long day.

Away we go on our long awaited holiday. This really is the only chance in the year for a good long break. Kids all loaded up and animals are nice and safe in a cattery/kennel (or so we thought) So we are loving our break. A little op shopping here, taking in the weather there and enjoying family time (which has been lacking the last few months) Around three days into our holiday we get the phone call you just would NEVER expect......Our cat has escaped the cattery!!!! Would you ever except this to happen?? Not me. EVER. Now I love my cat. Ok I love the dog as well but I'm really a cat person. We lost our darling (he really was a darling) cat Oscar last year and I'm only just starting to feel ok about it. So getting this phone call just wasn't a good thing for me.

The love of my kitty life LuLu

So after a few very sleepless and tearful days and nights and lack of contact from the cattery (eg one phone call the day she went missing) we decided it was a good idea to head home and save her from unexpected loss. 

After loading up the kids and squeezing all my treasures into the truck away we went. Not even getting the chance to visit friends or family. After a very emotional day and 3 hours of calling and walking around looking for her I was really for her to show up. Surely she would expect us to come back. She has had a few cattery visits in the past (not to this cattery and never to this cattery again).

With complete joy our darling LuLu was returned after being missing in farm land for over 6 days!!!! I really think that walking around and calling her for 3 hours did help. She came out from hiding that night and was caught to be returned. Little LuLu you gave me a few grey hairs.

Safe to say we will not be using the cattery again. And the lack in care for our animals still shocks me. Our holiday was cut in half but our kitty is home safe and sound. She has lost heaps of weight and just really wants to be around us. (which is totally fine with me) What an adventure she would have had. Cows and horses all around!!!

I'm not sure about you but I love my fur babies. 

One very lucky, dirty and very tired kitty cat. Home safe. 


Comments

Popular Posts