Want to win something????

Sure why not you say. Everyone loves to win something. And we have something very special this month thanks to the lovely Lucy Patterson . She has been busy at work making some extra special items for a very important cause, Breast Cancer. And she has made them pink!!! Lucy sent me a lovely email this morning with photos of the goodies she will be giving away and to tell me a little why this is such an important cause for her. 


In 2000 Lucy lost her beautiful Grandmother Hildegard to Breast Cancer. I'm going to copy and past her email to me because I couldn't have said it better really.


My grandmother has been such an inspiration in my life and was a crafting legend! She could knit an adult man's jumper in a day (with perfect, tiny stitches) and always had some craft project on the go. She organised groups of women to make quilts and toys to send to children in places like Bosnia and Romania, ran an annual Fair Trade Fair to support fair trade in developing countries, and was always baking and making jams to raise money for various charities. In our family we have tapestries she made, knotted rugs, embroidered napkins, knitted jumpers that have become family heirlooms, and of course the crafting skills that she passed down to my mother and me. She would love that this month's Crafternoon Tea market is raising money for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.


Hildegard I'm sure you would be so proud of Lucy today. She is has such amazing talent and we love having her at our market. 


Lucy thanks so much for sharing your story and photo of your lovely Grandmother.


You can find Lucy in the main hall on Saturday 10 -2pm. Every purchase on the day will go into the draw to win these lovely prizes. 





Keep it Crafty x





Comments

Popular Posts